Earthquake Early Warning Timeline
When will the United States get its public earthquake early warning system?
The idea behind earthquake early warning dates back to the 1868 earthquake on the Hayward Fault in the San Francisco Bay Area. Below are some key milestones in the path to implementing early warning in the United States.
Earthquake Early Warning
BSL: Recent News Stories
Seismo Blog Posts About Earthquake Early Warning
- Alerts for the Whole West Coast
- Extremely Useful – But Not a Perfect System
- Earthquake Early Warning is Finally Here
- It Worked ... and It Did Not!
- Temblors and Politics
- Earthquakes, High Tech and Tinkerers
- What Mexico Has, California Is Lacking
- Shaken But Not Stirred
- Shaking Expected in 30 Seconds
- Slow Trains and Earthquakes